Step 1 - The evaluation process
- Send us a picture: Email pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org We cannot accept furniture consignments without pictures.
- Provide details: If possible, please provide the original purchase price of your item(s), what you are hoping to make when it sells, age, dimensions (very important!) or other information that might be helpful.
- Acceptance: We will notify you if your item(s) can be accepted on consignment and schedule an appointment for drop off. Please understand that our showroom floor changes daily and we do not have storage space for items that cannot fit onto the floor immediately.
- “Drop Offs”: We are happy to accept “drop offs” for home accessories and smaller items BY APPOINTMENT without picture previews. Please limit drop off consignments to 20 items per appointment and make sure your items are carefully packaged. Your items will be tagged for inventorying as time permits and we will notify you if there are items that need to be returned. Please review the description of items we can accept.
Step 2 - Pricing and Terms
- Our pricing formula consists of: condition, style, finish, color, original sale price and in some cases, the current retail price. Any information you can provide will be taken into consideration when the item is priced. We are familiar with the current resale market and final pricing is at our discretion. Remember, our goal is to sell your items!
- The consignment term is 120 days. Consignors have online access to their inventory at consignors login page from our home page. Please note that any items remaining and unsold after 120 days must be picked up within 1 week after the consignment ends or the item will be expired and /or donated. It is the consignor’s responsibility to monitor the consignment term.
- Consignors receive 50% of the sale price.
Step 3 - Getting your items to our store:
- We offer an affordable and professional 3rd party pick-up service. Rates vary based on location and size of the item to be moved. If it is possible for you to deliver your merchandise to our store, we are usually able to assist you with unloading with proper notification.
Step 4 – We take it from there!
- We will display your furniture to make it as desirable as possible. After all, it is in our interest to sell your merchandise for as much as possible!
- We list most of our furniture online portals, everything is on our website and we have a strong presence on Facebook.
- Our goal is to sell your item within the first 90 days.
Step 5 - Payout
- Upon the sale of your item, we write you a check! Checks are available on the 15th day of the month following sale of the item. For example, if your item sells in January, payment is available after February 15.
- We have thousands of consignors, we cannot call you and let you know when an item sells, it is important that you monitor your account online.
- We only mail checks to consignors that have moved out of the Houston area.