- How will I know if there is an auction?
- If there is an auction - it will show on the Announcement Line at the top of the website. If you have signed up to be alerted for an auction, you will receive an email alert giving you information about the auction.
- Additionally, we post information about the auction on Facebook, Instagram and Estatesales.net
- What does Dynamic Closing / Time Left mean?
- If a bid is entered in the last 2 minutes of the time closing of an item, the closing time will be extended by 2 minutes to ensure sufficient time for bidders to submit their bids. Dynamic Closing will continue until no bids are placed within 2 minutes.
- How do I register to bid?
- Registration is a two-step process. First, you have to set up a profile. Click on "New Bidder" and enter the required information. If you choose to hide your username, random letters (ex: jxxxxu) will be shown instead of your name.
- Once you have created a profile you can then register for the auction you are interested in bidding.
- What are the Terms & Conditions for each auction?
The Terms & Conditions are different for each one of our auctions. When you register for our auction you are required to acknowledge that you have read and agree to abide by the Terms & Conditions prior to being able to bid on an item. Another way to see them is in the item listing, the box below the description is where the Terms & Conditions is where it is located.
- Do I have to pay taxes on items won in the auction?
- Yes, unless you are a reseller and have completed a sales tax exemption form provided by the State Comptroller and provided to the auctioneer. This will be required for every auction even if you have filled one out with us in a prior auction.
- What is a Buyer's Premium?
- A Buyer's Premium is a percentage (10%) added to the winning bid (hammer price) and is payable as part of the total purchase price to the auctioneer. Sales tax is applicable to the buyer's premium unless the buyer has filled out the complete sales tax exemption form provided by the State Comptroller and provided to the auctioneer for each auction.
- When or How do I preview the auction items in person?
- Look in the Terms & Conditions for the auction and the location and times for the preview will be listed there.
- What are the "Bid Increments" for the site?
- All bids are in whole dollars and must be a complete & full bid increment above the previous high bid. Please check the item to make sure that your bidder number is listed as the High Bidder, if not, you are not the successful bidder.
The bid increments are as follows:
Opening bid is $5
5 to 299 is $2.50 raise/increment
300 to 999 is $10 raise/increment
1000 to 2499 is $25 raise/increment
2500 to 4999 is $50 raise/increment
5000 to 9999 is $100 raise/increment
10,000 to 25,000 is $250 raise/increment